I tend to get nostalgic this time of year and I like to reflect. This particular year I am turning 50 so there’s some added nostalgia and reflection there. Wow. What a ride it’s been. I just want to take a moment to acknowledge some of the many things I am grateful for. I would love to know in your comments or link to posts what you are grateful for also. I will try not to just state all the obvious ones but there are some that simply must be stated regardless.
1) I am grateful to be ALIVE, reasonably healthy, happy. I know it seems like an obvious one but I don’t know that everyone is grateful to simply be alive, and there was a time when I wasn’t as grateful or healthy in mind, body and spirit as I am today..so I must state this obvious one because for me it’s a positive progression.
2) I am grateful for my wife. Her love and support has been invaluable. Also.. she’s pretty HOT!
3) I am grateful for nature. Not everyone loves nature, but I need it so. The wind in the trees, the cold in the air, a body of water running nearby, are as necessary to me as the air that I breathe. It’s what sustains me.
4) following number three… lol I am grateful for CAMPING! It always gives me my groove back. When my groove is lacking it’s time to go camping.
5) My talents. I am so grateful that I have so many mediums to express my energy and share it with others. I have poetry, blogging, crafts, card making, painting, photography. It’s good to be alive.
6) I am grateful for my friends and loved ones (some family included). I think the things that matter in this life are the connections that we make with others and the relationships that ensue as a result. Love is the only thing that transcends this… so grateful to be loved and to be able to love others.
7) I am grateful for COFFEE! My one remaining vice.
8) I am grateful for ROADS paved, and unpaved that take me to places I have and have not been.
9) I am grateful for The Habit Hamburger Grill that serves reasonably priced food, pretty fast, that meets my dietary restrictions. Yay!
10) I am grateful for my Kindle and ebook platforms that allow me to READ even with diminished vision. WoooHooo!
Of course, there is much more than this…but this will do for now. I hope you will share too in your responses.